Bud Billiken Parade



Q: Can I apply in person or mail in my application?

A: No. All applications must be submitted online through our website.

Q: Should I pay my fees at the time I submit my application?

A: Yes, the application fee has to be paid at time of submission. Fees for parade entries will be assessed after they are accepted.

Q: I have never paid a fee to be in the parade. Will there be a grandfather clause for my unit.

A: No, all fees are final.

Q: Why was I told that there was a different amount for parade entry.

A: The new price structure was recently approved. Any other quoted price is invalid.

Q: What is considered a Performing unit?

A: Performing units are any units with a displayed routines. (Example: Dance Team, Car Club, Tumblers etc...)

Q: How will I know if I have been accepted or not to participate in the Parade?

A: You will receive an email from us informing you of our decision.

Q: When will I know if I have been accepted or not to participate in the Parade?

A: No later than Monday, June 3, 2019.

Q: Why an application process and not just registration like it always has been?

A: The application process allows us to have better control over the Parade which is needed at this time.

Q: I'm a walking unit, do I still have to pay a fee?

A: All walking units have to make a minimum donation of $250 to the Bud Billike®n Parade Scholarship Program.

Q: I have been participating in the Bud for many years. Won’t this guarantee me a spot in the parade?

A: No it will not. Many factors are used to determine an individual or groups participation in the Bud Billiken® Parade.

Q: If I miss the application deadline, can I get an extension?

A: No, as we have to remain fair and consistent to everyone.

Q: If I don't pay the parade entry fee by the deadline, will I still be admitted into the parade.

A: Parade entry fees not paid by the deadline will result in losing your selected position. However, this does not disqualify you from the parade. You are able to still make payment up until date: (TBD).

Q: Is there an appeal process if my application is denied?

A: No. The decision is final

Q: Once I'm accepted, where can I go to rent a Float?

A: Bud Billiken® Parade approved float providers are ABC Floats and Associated Attractions. You can contact them directly to get rates.

Check our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for updates and other Parade related information.